Norton Setup and Installation Process – For both PC and mobile users
Highly popular among the PC users, the Norton antivirus software has been eliminating malware, viruses and other kinds of online and offline threats from affecting the performance of a computer for years. Norton, being a security solution providing company has created various software’s that are known for providing much-needed protection in terms of data protection, database security, network security, web security and much more. With such a wide range of programs and protection available with Norton, keep reading to learn the easiest way to complete the Norton Setup process for both PC and mobile users.
Benefits of installing Norton software to computer, tablet or to a mobile phone
- Provides much-needed protection to your device by completely eradicating spyware, viruses, malware, and other forms of online attacks
- Maintains the privacy of the user irrespective of the device from which the user gets to use the Norton software
- By creating an account with Norton, one can go through the entire list of Norton software’s to purchase under one-roof and it can be installed to multiple devices as well
- Auto scan and schedule scan option to trace and get rid of any of kind of virus or malware that has been disturbing the overall performance of your device
- Notifies regarding the overall health state of your device
- Provides much-needed safety for the kids to access the internet.
Norton installation and activation process for PC users
Beforehand starting with the installation process of a Norton product on your computer, make sure the following points are checked through:
- The computer must meet up with the minimum system related requirements in terms of processor, operating system, RAM, browser support and hard disk space
- Install Norton software by logging in securely through your Administrator user profile
- Complete the pending update process related to your operating system
- Remove any kind of junk or temporary file to save up space and to securely install and activate Norton software
- Uninstall previous versions of Norton before installing the latest version
- Download the ‘Norton removal tool’ by visiting the official website of Norton and run it to effectively remove the previously installed versions of Norton and other security-related software’s from your computer.
Installing and activating Norton setup to a computer with Windows OS
- Visit the official web portal of Norton from a web browser
- Sign in using your Norton account credentials. (If you do not have an account, complete the sign in process to create an account that can be utilized to purchase more Norton products in the near future)
- After logging into your account, visit com/setup page
- Enter down the twenty-five characters Norton product key within the given field
- The product key can be found on the back part of the DVD/CD case or from the confirmation mail that was sent by the retailer to verify your Norton software purchase with them
- In the next page, select upon ‘Automatic Renewal Service’, if you want to renew the software once it gets expired in the near future
- If you do not want to automatically renew the product, then make a click upon the ‘Skip’ button on the same page
- Read through the Automatic Product Renewal Terms and other conditions and then click upon ‘Agree and Continue’ button
- You need to enter down your credit card credentials to start with the auto-renewal service
- Enter down your billing address and then click upon the ‘Enroll’ button
- Make a click on ‘Agree & Download’ button in the next page to download the Norton product to your Windows operating system
- Once the download gets completed, open it up and follow the on-screen instructions to automatically install and activate the Norton software on your Windows installed computer system.
Installing Norton setup to a computer with Mac OS
- Visit the official web portal of Norton from a web browser
- Navigate through the com/setup page and then log in using your Norton account credentials. (If you do not have an account with Norton, instantly create one to receive constant updates and other product-related news from them in the near future)
- After logging in to your account, select upon ‘Mac’ under the operating system menu
- Double click upon the Installation file to initiate the installation process
- The installer shall pop-up with a ‘terms and conditions’ page
- Read through the terms promptly and then click upon the ‘Agree and Install’ button
- You need to again enter down your login credentials to confirm the download process
- Select with the provided ‘Security Preferences’ and give valid permissions to the install extensions that can safeguard your web browser as well
- Click upon the ‘Continue’ button to start installing the Norton software to your Mac OS installed computer
- Restart to complete the setup process and then launch the software to make use of them.
‘Norton Mobile Security’ app for Android and iOS running devices
Installation and subscription renewal process explained:
The ‘Norton Mobile Security’ application has been designed and developed to completely exterminate any kind of malware or virus that shall prone to attack your Android or iOS device performance in one way or other. If your 30-day free premium trial has expired, then below-mentioned are some of the ways to start with a new subscription.
Purchasing and activating a new subscription in an Android device:
- Open up the ‘Norton Mobile Security’ application in your android running mobile phone or tablet
- Tap upon the ‘My Norton’ icon
- A list of purchasing options shall be displayed on the screen
- Select one and provide valid credentials in the next page to instantly subscribe and continue protecting your Android device.
Activating ‘Norton Mobile Security’ in an Android device that has been purchased through a retail store or Norton eStore
- Open up a web browser and then visit the official page of ‘Norton Mobile Security’
- Click upon ‘Register a Purchase’
- Type in your Norton account credentials to sign in to your account
- Enter down the twenty-five character product key that has been provided while purchasing ‘Norton Mobile Security’ application for Android running devices.
- After entering the provided Norton product key, click upon the ‘Verify’ button
- On your Android device, open up the ‘Norton Mobile Security’ application
- Scroll through the bottom of the screen and then tap upon ‘My Norton’ icon
- From the next page, click upon the ‘Sign in’ button
- Enter down your Norton account credential that was earlier used to register your purchase through the web browser
- After successfully logging in, Norton will showcase the recent purchase that has been registered and verified previously through a web browser
- Select upon the subscription and then tap upon ‘Apply’ to instantly activate the ‘Norton Mobile Security’ application on your android running phone or tablet.
After activating the application, visit the home page and then scroll down to tap on ‘My Norton’ icon. Click upon the drop-down menu icon to below-mentioned details listed out to your new subscription.
- Number of days left before the subscription ends
- The subscription plan name that has been purchased
- Extra numbers of licenses that can be used to activate Norton protection on other Android devices.
Purchasing and activating a new subscription in an iOS running device
Follow the below mentioned steps to subscribe and activate ‘Norton Mobile Security’ app in your iOS running device through the App store:
- Install ‘Norton Mobile Security’ app to your iOS-running iPad or iPhone device by visiting the ‘App Store’
- After installing the app, log in using your Norton credentials to start with your free trial period
- If you do not have an account with Norton, click upon the ‘Sign Up’ button and get your valid login credentials activated within a minute or so
- After successfully logging in, you will be provided with a free 30 days trial period to test out various premium features of this particular Norton application
- Once the thirty day trial period ends, Norton will display a subscription alert to start with a new subscription
- You can select the plans and security services that you are in need of and then get your preferred subscription period and services by paying through the ‘App Store’.
- The subscription will immediately start once the transaction gets successfully completed through the App Store.
Instant support from Norton
If you have any queries related to your recent Norton software or application purchase, you can get it cleared by sending out an e-mail or by instantly chatting with our experienced technical executives.
The all-new remote assistance from Norton lets their executives analyze your computer and check for the problems happening around the Norton software.
- Open up a web browser and visit norton.com
- Enter down the 6-digit valid PIN code to start with the remote assistance session
- Wait for a few minutes to let the executive diagnose the issue with the software and your computer
- The problem will be solved instantly
- On remote you will get help in norton removal tool
- The entire remote assistance session is highly secured and no kind of security breach shall happen.
On the other hand, you can reach the Norton customer care executives through a phone call and get below-mentioned services provided by them for free:
- Customer care executives can be reached 24/7 to clear queries related to activating a Norton product key
- They can help in solving any kind of incompatibility issues that can happen randomly with your operating system
- Help in clearing any kind of installation, product key setup, and activation related issues & norton removal tool.